About California Precision Service, Inc. (CPS)
Founded in 1974 and located in Sacramento California, CPS is the largest camera repair service in Northern California. For over 35 years, CPS has provided manufacturers, dealers, professionals, media organizations, law enforcement agencies and customers with the highest quality camera repair service. Our quality service earned CPS the reputation as a leader in the camera repair business by manufacturers and dealers alike.
In 1989, Nikon, Inc. chose CPS to provide priority service for Nikon Professionals, a distinction awarded to only a few companies throughout the United States. Three company members have taught photographic equipment repair technology courses in California community colleges. Because of our quality work major manufacturers have contracted CPS as a subcontractor to repair their equipment.
At California Precision Service we offer high-quality camera repair work for all photographic products we service. We believe that our level of experience, our demand for excellence and our personal service set us apart from other facilities in the camera repair field. Our high quality camera repairs are made possible because of:
- Averaged 20 years of customer service experience
- 90-day Repair Warranty on most repairs
- FREE film camera check for over-the-counter service
- Authorized warranty repair on Nikon cameras
- Full service concept – all functions repaired to factory specifications not just the reported problem
- Factory trained technicians
- Over 15 years of Nikon Professional Service (NPS) experience
- Full factory support and technical contacts providing access to all repair information
- Utilization of factory standard test equipment
- Utilization of special factory tools for alignments and adjustments
- Quality control to ensure we meet strict factory specifications
- Estimates quickly provided via phone or e-mail
- Quick turn-around time on most of our projects from approval of estimate to completion of repairs — subject to parts being in stock
- Large selection of parts on hand for most major camera models and fast delivery service for factory parts not in stock (subject to parts availability)
- When required, interaction with the technicians
- Competitive repair pricing
- Priority rush service when requested. Rush repair is between 2-3 business days subject to parts availability.
- Flexibility to work within customer’s time-frame. Let us know if you need your equipment by a certain date and we’ll try to repair it by then.